Worth Repeating— Texas Public Radio's live storytelling event series—returns this fall for its fifth year bringing you the city's stories. From last chances to first tries, from far flung adventures, to hometown cautionary tales—storytellers have seven minutes to tell a great story from our stage, often to sell-out crowds.
The program continues its success after four years and nearly 200 fantastic San Antonio storytellers with another season of great stories. The first half of the season will take place back at our home for the past few years, Brick at Blue Star. TPR is excited to bring the show back, an even more excited that Worth Repeating will be moving into our own space, in 2020 at Texas Public Radio's new headquarters, adjacent to the Alameda Theatre.
As we do every year, we ask you to submit your stories to us so we can continue to bring this community program to life.
If you think you have a story, email us at WorthRepeating@tpr.org and someone from our storyboard will get back to you.
Season Five Themes:
- September 3, 2019 | "Schooled" Stories about getting an education inside and outside the classroom.
- October 1, 2019 | "When It Breaks" Stories of breakdowns and breakouts in every sense of the word.
- November 12, 2019 | "Hustle" Stories of hard work, grifts, and drive.
- December 10, 2020 | "#Blessed" Stories of family, holidays, genuine or ironic expressions of gratitude.
- February 4, 2020 | "How Did I Get Here" Stories of existential crisis, travel, big choices and bigger results.
- March 3, 2020 | "Mother Nature" Stories of animal encounters, best friends, wild weather and the great outdoors.
- April 7, 2020 | "Outta Time" Stories of close calls, time crunches, the big project and the final destination.