How Distribution Laws Affect Local Microbreweries
A natural fit for our Views & Brews series: Microbreweries and beer distribution laws.
Please join TPR at 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 28, at Hermann Sons for the latest discussion in the Views and Brews series. The event will feature a panel discussion about possible legislative changes to distribution laws and the impact to wholesalers, distributors and breweries of all sizes.
The panel discussion will be featured on "Texas Matters" Friday, March 1 at 12:30 p.m. with rebroadcasts Saturday, March 2 at 6:30 a.m. and Sunday, March 3 at 9:30 p.m.
- Travis Poling, author of "Beer Across Texas: A Guide to the Brews and Brewers of the Lone Star State": Poling is considered an expert in all things beer in Texas, from pairing beer with food to the laws about what makes a beer a beer and an ale an ale. www.beeracrosstexas.com
- State Rep. Mike Villarreal: Villarreal's district 123 covers much of downtown San Antonio, and he has proposed a bill to make it easier for microbreweries to bottle and sell their product off site. www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=123
- Scott Metzger, owner of Freetail Brewing: Metzger is involved with the Texas Craft Brewers Guild, and is very vocal about his displeasure with the current beer laws in the Lone Star State. www.freetailbrewing.com
Location: Hermann Sons525 South St. Mary's Street, 78205 Click here for a Map
Free parking will be available.
- $10 TPR Members and $12 Non Members
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the presentation begins at 7
*Reservations are closed for tonight's event. A limited number of walk-up space is available.