The Source: Annexation Plan Morphs Again
The city of San Antonio has been going back and forth on an annexation plan. Initially a historic growth plan of five sections of the county has been rolled back dramatically. Now only a single swath remains, encompassing 13,000 residents, several businesses off of Interstate 10 West. Mayor Ivy Taylor supported the revised plan.
- City Proposes Big Annexation - November 17, 2014
- Anti-Annexation Efforts Failing at Statehouse, But What About Here in San Antonio - May 18, 2015
- City Takes Six Annexation Areas Out Of Consideration - September 30, 2015
- Annexation Plan Still In Question - March 2, 2016
We get an update on the plan from Peter Zanoni, deputy city manager.
But after nearly two years, and a tepid response from council, is this just one more pivot in a plan that hasn't borne fruit?
- Peter Zanoni, deputy city manager for the city of San Antonio
- Josh Brodesky, columnist for he San Antonio Express-News