Ready For The Bexar County Runoff Elections? Here's All You Need To Know
Are you ready to vote? Here are all of your questions, answered:
Am I able to vote?
- Check to see if you're registered to vote in your county here.
- Not registered? The deadline to register for the primary runoff was Monday, June 15. If you did not register by that date, you cannot vote in the July 14 primary runoff. But, there's still time before the general election in November: Register by Monday, October 5.
How can I vote?
If you plan to vote on Election Day, July 14, find out where you can vote here. Bexar County now allows voters to cast a ballot at any polling place within the county on Election Day, in addition to early voting.
- By mail
Though the Texas Supreme Court determined that lack of immunity to COVID-19 is not a "disability" for the purposes of voting by mail, the court stated that a voter can take into consideration aspects of their own health and health history to determine whether in-person voting would be potentially harmful. If that is the case, voters can request a ballot by mail online. Applications should be submitted to the Bexar County Elections Department no later than July 3.
Who am I voting for?
- U.S. Senator (D): Royce West vs. Mary "MJ" Hegar
- U.S. Representative, District 20 (R): Mauro Garza vs. Gary Allen
- U.S. Representative, District 23 (R): Raul Reyes vs. Tony Gonzales
- U.S. Representative, District 35 (R): "Guillermo" William Hayward vs. Jenny Garcia Sharon
- Member, State Board of Education, District 5 (R): Robert Morrow vs. Lani Popp
- Railroad Commissioner (D): Chrysta Castañeda vs. Roberto R, "Beto" Alonzo
- State Senator (D): Roland Gutierrez vs. Xochil Peña Rodriguez
- State Representative, District 19 (D): Jennifer Ramos vs. Elizabeth "Liz" Campos
- County Chair (D): Monica Alcántara vs. Grace Rose Gonzales
- County Chair (R): Cynthia Brehm vs. John Austin
- County Commissioner, Precint No. 3 (R): Tom Rickhoff vs. Trish DeBerry
- County Commissioner, Precinct No. 1 (D): Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez vs. Rebeca "Becky" Clay-Flores
For your individual sample ballot, fill out your voter information here. Or use the widget below:
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.