The Source: Yanaguana Garden Opens At Hemisfair This Weekend
Historic Hemisfair Park has been in the throes of rejuvenation since the master plan for the site of the 1968 World's Fair was approved late last year.
This Saturday, the first portion of the massive overhaul is scheduled to open. Yanaguana Garden makes up a little over 10 percent of the entire site, which will eventually comprise 37 acres.
When completed in 2020, Hemisfair will be 50 percent public parkland. 40 percent of the site will be leased to developers by the City of San Antonio for mixed-use buildings.
- Andres Andujar, CEO of HemisFair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation
- Drew Hicks, Communications Manager for HemisFair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation
Upcoming Events At Park
- Friday, October 2 – First Friday with music, food and drinks available for purchase. Food trucks on site.
- Saturday, October 3 – Official ribbon cutting at 10am, activities and programming all day for kids
- Sunday, October 4 – Six artists with public art in Yanaguana Garden on site to lead kids in art activities throughout the day, plus fitness demonstrations, and yoga