The Source: The District 123 Special Election
When Mike Villareal resigned to run for San Antonio Mayor, he left his seat in the Texas House of Representatives vacant. A special election has been called for Jan. 6th of 2015, a mere two weeks away.
District 123 encompasses San Antonio's center, from Farm-to-Market road 1502--north of loop Interstate-Highway 410--to Interstate 10 on the south side.
Many issues the district deals with are San Antonio specific, but overlap with national conversations on everything from education and accountability to immigration reform and border security.
We talk with the candidates about what they feel will be the future issues of the district, how they can work with the current Texas House of Representatives, and why you should vote for them.
Guests in First Half:
- Nunzio Previtera, republican candidate for District 123
- Roger Gary, libertarian candidate for District 123
Guests in Second Half:
- Melissa Aguillon, democratic candidate for District 123
- Diego Bernal, democratic candidate for District 123
- Walter Martinez, democratic candidate for District 123
**While we only visited with five candidates for the district 123 race, there is a sixth candidate who we missed. Paul Ingmundson, a clinical psychologist, is the Green party candidate for the district. We will connect with him on a future program.
- Paul Ingmundson, green party candidate for District 123
This interview with Green Party Candidate Paul Ingmundson aired on our 12.30 episode of The Source.