2018 Fall Pledge Drive
Texas Public Radio is a non-profit, listener-supported public radio station. We depend on listeners like you that believe in the vital service public radio offers such as addressing important local and world issues, high-quality content and programming designed to inform, educate, and enrich the public. TPR strives to continuously provide thoroughly-researched and balanced news. Investing in public radio is about investing in programming you value. Every donation counts. Below are just a few ways that member donations have kept us broadcasting for 30 years.
Did you know Texas Public Radio is community funded and that 93% of our budget comes from member support?
How does TPR utilize your investment?
- Helps pay for operations costs
- Pay to receive NPR programming that you have come to love
- Expand the news department
- Help build a larger organization with our network of stations across south central Texas
- Your support means TPR journalists can continue the mission of bringing timely, accurate and in-depth reporting.
Because of your support, TPR is able to produce impactful stories:
- Texas Flu Deaths Reach 2,300, Expected To Rise
- Neighbors Concerned SpaceX Could Transform South Texas
- How Does Trauma Affect A Child's Brain Development?
- Is Texas Taking Care of Its Teachers?
- Contract Negotiations Break Down, San Antonio Symphony To End Season
- U.S. Dept. Of Education: Texas Must Make Big Changes To Education Accountability Plan
- 2018 Primaries: Democratic Candidates For Texas Governor Debate in San Antonio
Did you know:
- TPR earned the highest distinction from two of the nation's largest non-profit ratings agencies: Guidestar and Charity Navigator (highest rankings for financial, health, accountability and transparency)
- Just to name a few: TPR took home over 14 Lone Star Awards; SPARC Honor 2018 - EPIcenter, CPS Energy; 2018 First Amendment Awards, Society of Professional Journalists, Ft Worth Professional Chapter; 2018 Barbara Jordan Media Award, Office of the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities; 20th Annual Science Immersion Workshop for Journalists, Metcalf Institute for Marine and Enviornmental Reporting at the University of Rhode Island and other prestigious awards.
Y ou are investing in accurate and fair journalism. We appreciate your support. Choose from different membership levels and find out what each level offers HERE.
Don't forget to share socially with friends and family! #TPRPledge
Texas Public Radio / KSTX 89.1 FM is celebrating its 30th birthday! For all events celebrating this very special birrthday, sign up for our TPR In Brief newsletter!