#TxDecides: Five Days Of Answering Your Elections Questions
TPR and Texas public radio stations recently asked: What questions do you have about the upcoming Nov. 8 election? This week we’re answering your most pressing questions in a series of reports, #TXDecides.
Listen for the stories produced by public radio reporters from around the state Monday through Friday, at 7:45 a.m. during “Morning Edition” and during “Texas Standard” which begins at 11 a.m.
We’re your station for Election News and Views, Texas Public Radio 89.1 and tpr.org.
Here are the questions we’ll be answering:
- Monday: Why is Texas a red state and how did it get so red?
- Tuesday: How will vote recording errors and even fraud be prevented where vote paper records are not created and kept?
- Wednesday: How have Texas districts been redrawn? When/how does this happen? Who's responsible for deciding how lines are drawn? What is result?
- Thursday: Can we vote for either Libertarian or Green Party candidates in Texas? We also look at rules for writing-in the names of candidates.
- Friday: Why do most Texans eligible to vote not bother to cast a ballot?