SAISD Selling Properties To Earn Money For New District HQ
The San Antonio Independent School District is selling off some of its property in hopes of raising enough money for a new district headquarters.
There are about six properties for sale, the prices of which have not been disclosed. Some of the plots of land include the Fox Tech High School softball and football fields, two vacant lots on South Presa Street and Lord Road, and the district’s food service warehouse.
- 1702 N. Alamo and neighboring district properties at 1103 Austin and 1110 Austin street.
- 518 E. Magnolia Ave. (Administrative offices for governmental and community relations)
- Fox Tech fields (football and baseball fields), about 8 Acres
- 50 acres on South Presa -- vacant lots (near 410 interchange). Bexar County Appraisal District has assigned addresses of 9087 and 9093 S. Presa for the parcels that have South Presa frontage.
- Food service warehouse, 2 Haven for Hope Way
- 4911 Lord Road, 12.79 acres of vacant lot on East Side
SAISD spokeswoman Leslie Price says the sales would allow the district to consolidate administrative offices.
“We believe from the cost of those properties we would have more than enough to build a consolidated office building but also a service center for transportation and maintenance over at the Roland Avenue property where our new bus depot is as well,” she says.
Currently the district offices are housed in seven different locations.
“We’ve been looking for many years for a solution for having a centralized central office because it would be efficient not just for employees but also for those coming to visit with us like parents and other community members,” Price adds
Price says having the offices in one spot would save about $2 million per year. The district will be using a third party real estate company to process the sales.