One of the major challenges with on-the-job sexual harassment claims is that survivors are not aware of all of their rights.
Texas RioGrande Legal Aid with community partners in San Antonio, El Paso and the Rio Grande Valley are conducting workshops across the state to inform employees about their legal options concerning sexual harassment at work.
In San Antonio, “Nuestra Voz/Our Voice” workshops will provide local workers with a safe space to learn more about how to recognize, respond and report sexual harassment.
Upcoming know-your-rights workshops include:
- 11/26 at 6:15 p.m. at Fuerza Unida (710 New Laredo Highway)
- 12/17 at 6 p.m. at The Pride Center San Antonio (1301 McCullough Ave., Ste. 160)
- 1/15 at 6:30 p.m. at Las Palmas Library (515 Castroville Rd.)
- 2/8 (time TBD) at Casa de Cuentos (816 S Colorado St.)
- 2/21 (time TBD) at Esperanza Peace & Justice Center (922 San Pedro Ave.)
Community members can request free trainings and workers can request free, confidential legal services by calling the TRLA at 210-212-3779.
To contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission about filing a charge in writing, call 800-669-4000. More info here.
- Sarah Donaldson, attorney for Texas RioGrande Legal Aid
- Judit Vega, health justice coordinator with the Esperanza Peace & Justice Center
- Sharyn Tejani, director of the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund at the National Women’s Law Center.
"The Source" is a live call-in program airing Mondays through Thursdays from 12-1 p.m. Leave a message before the program at (210) 615-8982. During the live show, call 210-614-8980, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @TPRSource.
*This interview was recorded on Monday, November 18.