The madness of March ends here in San Antonio with the NCAA championship game at the Alamodome.
From Friday through Monday, an estimated 93,000 people are expected to be in San Antonio for the Final Four, featuring two semifinal games Saturday between:
- (3) Michigan vs. (11) Loyola Chicago, 5:09 p.m.
- (1) Villanova vs. (1) Kansas, 8:49 p.m.
Monday's title game is at 8:20 p.m. Here's a complete listing of activities, and everything else you need to know:
The run-up to the championship game is highlighted with a weekend of music at HemisFair. The three-day March Madness Music Festival begins Friday, with a free concert featuring one stage with national acts, and one with regional and local favorites.
Country music performer Jason Aldean headlines Friday’s performance, along with singer-songwriter Kelsea Ballerini. Then, on Saturday, acts include singer-songwriter Luis Fonsi and the Cold War Kids, which leads to a watch party of the first semifinal game between Loyola and Michigan. Tip-off is at 5:09 p.m.
The night's headliner Imagine Dragon performs at 7:15 p.m. All performances will be live streamed at be live streamed on the AT& T Block Party website.
Friday at Hemisfair
Gates open at 4 p.m.
- Bebe Rexha, 5:15 p.m.
- Kelsea Ballerini, 6:45 p.m.
- Jason Aldean, 8:30 p.m.
Enterprise Stage, featuring local and regional artists:
- 6:15 p.m. – Los Skarnale
- 7:45 p.m. – Wade Bowen
Gates open at 2 p.m.
- Luis Fonsi, 2:30 p.m.
- Cold War Kids, 3:45 p.m.
- Watch party, semi-final game one, 5 p.m.
- Imagine Dragons, 7:15 p.m.
Gates open at 3 p.m.
- Daya, 3:45 p.m.
- Panic! At the Disco, 5 p.m.
- OneRepublic, 6:30 p.m.
- Maroon 5, 8:30 p.m.
- Fireworks at 10 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. – Jonathan Tyler & The Northern Lights
- 6:00 p.m. – Ha Ha Tonka
- 7:45 p.m. – Koe Wetzel
MORE | Not sure what you can bring? Here's a full list of approved items
The Final Four Fan Fest features interactive basketball games, autograph signings, cheer clinics and a rock climbing wall. The NCAA championship trophy will also be on display.
- At the Alamodome, tailgate party; practices are open to the public, 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- At the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, basketball interactives and autograph sessions, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- At the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, Fan Fest continues, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- At the Rivercenter Mall Lagoon, Final Four pep rally, 11 a.m.
- At the Alamodome, tailgate party, 2:30 p.m
- At the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, Fan Fest continues, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- At the Institute of Texan Cultures, youth basketball parade, 3 p.m.
VIA Metropolitan Transit will offer park and ride service to the 2018 NCAA March Madness Music Festival at Hemisfair and the Final Four at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, from Friday through Sunday.
Parking locations are at Crossroads Park & Ride, 151 Crossroads Blvd.; Blossom Athletic Center, 12002 Jones Maltsberger Road.;and Madla Park & Ride, 1584 Cantrell Dr.
Drop-off and pick-up location is at East Houston Street at Avenue E.
Park and ride times:
- Friday, 2-11 p.m.
- Saturday, noon-11 p.m.
- Sunday, 1-11 p.m.
Park and ride service is $2.50 each way. Discounted fares available for children, seniors, students and active-duty military.
From Friday through Monday, an estimated 93,000 visitors will be in San Antonio for the Final Four.
Here's a list of road closures: