Big Cedar Fever Live At The Lonesome Lounge Sessions
This trio of Western Swing sweethearts brought three-part harmonies and tight toe-tapping arrangements to the Lonesome Rose stage. We talked about experiencing the pause in live music, homemade salsa and supporting our friends during the pandemic.
The good folks of Big Cedar Fever were also sweet enough to share their secret salsa recipe.
Big Cedar Fever's BIG Flavor Salsa:
• 1/2 pound of your preferred spicy peppers (jalapeños are tried and true, but we also love using habaneros or a mix of the two)
• 1/4 large yellow onion
• 2 large garlic cloves
• 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil, avocado oil, or whatever ya got
• 1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
1. In a small pot bring water to a boil, enough water to cover the chiles and piece of onion. Simmer the peppers and onions for about 15-20 minutes until they change in color and are fork tender, but not mushy. Carefully remove stems after they cool down a bit and strain some of the excess water.
2. Using an immersion blender, a food processor or a regular blender, combine the oil, garlic cloves, strained jalapeños onions and salt.
3. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes using an inversion blender, about 5-6 minutes on a blender or food processor, until it looks frothy, creamy and pale green.
4. Taste for salt, adjust if necessary. Transfer to a squeeze bottle, and refrigerate. It will last for about a week. Enjoy!