There are thousands of boxes filled with evidence from sexual assaults in Texas that have yet to undergo DNA testing as required by law.
Testing could potentially identify perpetrators of these crimes, prevent repeat offenses and help victims find closure. Instead, the evidence stays shelved – sometimes for years.
- State Representative Donna Howard - District 48, filed House Bill 281
- State Representative Victoria Neave - District 107, filed House Bill 1729
- Deana Franks, Deputy Director of Programs for the The Rape Crisis Center in San Antonio
- Noël Busch-Armendariz, Director and Principal Investigator of the Institute on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (IDVSA) at the University of Texas at Austin
- Caitlin Sulley, Director of Sexual Assault Portfolio & Director of Strategic Partnerships at IDVSA